Vivekanandha College of Engineering for Women, an Autonomous institution, affiliated to Anna University accredited by NAAC, AICTE, New Delhi, TCS and an ISO 9000:2008 certified institute started in 2001 with 144 students, acquired an Autonomous status this academic year stretching its arm widely towards the students strength of 2212 and faculty of 200 at present.
Application for various courses may be obtained from the website www.vivekanandha.ac.in Flled applications along with payment evidence should be sent by registered post to the admission office before the stipulated date to the following address
The Admission Director
Vivekanandha Educational Institutions for Women
Kindly send the filled New Student Bio-data form, along with Payment Evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Account No: 182702000000119
Beneficiary Name: Vivekanandha College of Engineering for Women
Beneficiary Bank Name: INDIAN OVERSEAS BANK
IFSC Code: IOBA0001827
Prospectus and application for various courses may be obtained from the admission office of Vivekananda Educational Institutions
Applications can also be directly submitted along with admission booking amount to the admission office
The availabe following photocopies of the testimonials should be enclosed along with the filled in application
A pass in XII std., of Tamilnadu HSC (Academic) with Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
A pass in XII std., of Tamilnadu HSC (Vocational Stream) with Engineering / Technology Vocational Subjects and any one or two of the related subjects like Maths, Physics or Chemistry.
A pass in an equivalent examination accepted by Universities in Tamilnadu for admission to B.E. / B.Tech., / B.Arch. degree courses.
Rank statement from the approved agency like Consortium of Self Financing Engineering and Arts Colleges is mandatory for admission under Minority / Management quota. (Refer to separate advertisements from the authorities of State Government for Admissions under Government Quota).
|Community||HSC (Academic) or Equivalent||HSC (Vocational)|
|OC||Average of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry - 50%||Average of Related Subjects and Vocational Subjects - 50%|
|BC||Average of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry - 45%||Average of Related Subjects and Vocational Subjects - 45%|
|MBC / DNC||Average of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry - 40%||Average of Related Subjects and Vocational Subjects - 40%|
|SC / ST||Pass - 40% subject to approval||Pass - 40% subject to approval|
01. A pass in a recognised Bachelor's degree or equivalent in the relevant field and obtained atleast 50% (45% in the case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree examination.
a). B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Arch. degree programme.
b). B.Pharm. / B.Sc (Agri. / Forestry / Horticulture / Fishery) degree programme.
c). Master's Degree in the relevant branch of Science / Arts, which are prescribed.
d). M.Sc. (5 Years) Integrated Degree Programme.
e). B.Sc. 3 Years (Computer Science / Information Technology) and M.Sc. 2 Years (Computer Science / Information Technology).
f). MCA (3 Years) after 10+2 years H.Sc. + 3 Years bachelor's degree.
g). MCA# Lateral Entry (2 Years) after 10+2 years H.Sc. + 3 Years bachelor's degree in BCA or B.Sc. (Information Technology / Computer Science).
02. Candidates with section 'A' & 'B' certificates and other similar certificate of professional bodies or societies (e.g. A.M.I.E.) recognised by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India are considered to be equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. Degree holders only with 2 Years regular full time Teaching experience / Industrial experience* in the relevant field after successful completion of the course including project work.
* An experience certificate is to be produced by the candidates with AMIE Qualification.
a). 10 + 2 years H.Sc. + AMIE (with 2 years experience).
b). 10 + 3 Years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE (with 2 years experience).
Candidates appearing for the final semester / year examination of the said qualifying degree course except AMIE during April / May 2013 may also apply for TANCET 2013.
# Subject to the approval of State Government.
|PG Programmes Offered||Eligible Qualification|
|M.E. Power Systems Engineering||B.E. / B.Tech.
1.Electrical and Electronics
2.Electronics and Instrumentation
3.Instrumentation and Control
|M.E. VLSI Design||B.E. / B.Tech.
1. Electronics and Communication
2. Electrical and Electronics
5. Electronics and Instrumentation
6. Instrumentation and Control
7. Computer Science and Engineering
8. Information Technology
|M.Tech. Information Technology||B.E. / B.Tech.
1. Electrical and Electronics
2. Electronics and Communication
3. Information Technolgy
4. Computer Science and Engineering
6. Computer Hardware and Software
|M.E. Computer Science and Engineering||B.E. / B.Tech.
1. Electronics and Communication
2. Information Technology
3. Computer Science and Engineering
4. Software Engineering M.Sc. (5 years integrated)
5. Information Technology
6. Computer Science
7. Software Engineering
B.Sc. (3 years) in Information Technology / Computer
Science and M.Sc. (2 years) in Information Technology / Computer Science
MCA (10+2+3+3) years Pattern MCA# Lateral Entry (2 Years) after 10+2+3
Years degree in B.C.A or B.Sc. (Information
Technology / Computer Science)
# Subject to approval of State Government.
Vivekanandha College of Engineering for Women
Namakkal - 637205, TamilNadu, India.
+91 94437 34562
Website Developed & Maintained by Software Development Cell / Vivekanandha College of Engineering for Women